fast vs. slow rectifiers for leach amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Which diodes, specifically, are you asking about?

I think the general consensus is that the overcurrent diodes need to be fast acting, so go with high speed silicon diodes per Leach. The overvoltage diodes that are across the output transistors, IMHO, can be plain old 1N4004's. While one can argue for something different, if those diodes get triggered, you got a major problem and a little extra distortion to alert you that something bad is happening is a good thing. The rectifier diodes in the power supply can be a slow turn-on kind, though I think regular Schottky didoes work well here. I don't have any specific part number recommendations - maybe someone can provide some, or you can try a search.

These are just my recollections of what others have said. I look forward to hearing what other more experienced builders have used.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.