Blown output transistors crest amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The amps are the 7001 crest pro amp and the Bgw is the performance series 2. I don't have the jumpers, I should have tried them. I took the amp to the shop today. They said they would get back to me in a week . Thanks for the help guys. My knowledge on this subject is limited so I couldn't give a better discription. I'll let you know what they say. I am scratching my head at this one.

I called crest today and the gentleman ask me the same questions and had similar recomendations. He asked if the jumpers were in the correct positions. He said if the gain and the volume is all the way up on the mixer it should clip the amp. I explained to him the test I did with the two amps seperately. He thought it might be a gain sensetivity adjustment, but the 7001 has no gain sensetivity switch like the Ca's. The jumpers position should allow it to run fine. These amps run fine on 20 and thirty amp cuircuts. His conclusion was their is a problem with the input or preamp board, which is rare. He said their amps rarely have problems with the input boards. He said the amp needs to be checked out and bench test is recomended.
Thanks Ern

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.