Help with Nippon Chemi-con 88D capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The attached photo shows a populated regulator PCB (Takashi Kubota's circuit) that I built in the mid 1990s for an unfinished buffer pre-amp DIY project.

Does anybody know anything about the Nippon Chemi-con 88D 5600uf capacitor? I was told that it was a Sprague OEM and the price when I purchased them was terribly high. They have 4 leads, 2 positives and 2 negatives. Due to my ignorance at that time, the leads were soldered through respectively. Should they be soldered as one input positive, one output positive and similarly for the negatives, just like the Jensen 4-pole electrolytic or some Soshin Capacitors?

Thank you in advance for any input or advice! :)

Attachments

• dscn1972a.jpg
    dscn1972a.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 451
When I need to repair my ML_No.35 DAC, finally I used Jensen 4 terminal low impedance capacitors, but pin location is not same. Just drilled necessary holes at the board and soldered required wire bridges. Unit is already sold now, but 1 good capacitor still left. No.35 was substituted with No.30 and I'm happy to have this spare.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.