Reference DIY amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why Dx amplifiers are not in the list?

I have found no reason... sounds so good, and even better than many of those are in the list.

It is a genuine design also, not a copy, ... so "inspired" in others alike the ones included into Variac list......also topologie is more modern than the internal audio amplifier you have inside the LM famous gainclone chip (removing the surrounding sub circuits naturally... say the audio chain).... also very popular...many folks have build... a genuine DIY amplifier, as many have made their own circuit boards inside their own houses.

Maybe i could not understand the reason why was not included, can someone, please, explain me why?

regards,

Carlos

Maybe you should wait for your turn, Carlos.

Folks in another part of the world may not understand why Mr V-Mos Pavla Dudka is not mentioned in the list.

=>DPA101-DPA110-DPA111-DPA114-DPA220-DPA222-DPA330-DPA380-DPA383-DPA386-DPA880<=
He writes a lot TOO , one of Pavel's designs was published in cheese talk overhere in the 1990s.

(wacko jacco sez : just to tell you once again, you know i'm bad, i'm bad, you know it)

Attachments

• fat bird.jpg
    fat bird.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2,146
!

@jacco vermeulen =
"Folks in another part of the world may not understand why Mr V-Mos PavlaDudka is not mentioned in the list."

That is the case also with folks in nearby areas, because none of Dr.Jagodic (boraomega) designs are mentioned in the list?! Some of his designs are at least comparable if not even better than good number ofthose designs already listed. It could be that he is "paying" for theabsence of self-promotion attitude... (Such attitude is a “style” which hedisproves very much!)

Re: !

That is the case also with folks in nearby areas, because none of Dr.Jagodic (boraomega) designs are mentioned in the list?! Some of his designs are at least comparable if not even better than good number ofthose designs already listed. It could be that he is "paying" for theabsence of self-promotion attitude... (Such attitude is a “style” which hedisproves very much!)

I thought Boraomega was the author of Death of Gain Clone? If I'm correct he is in the list but good to point out he has so many other designs. My regrets if I made error with this association.

The odd one out there is Slone, whose documentation belittles most others, yet I've never heard anyone ever say they've built one. I would probably attribute that DIY unpopularity to the negative commentary his circuits have elicited by the gurus here. That has certainly caused me to hesitate. I'm anxious to see the outcome of the current Figure 11.4/11.6 modification PCB threads going on here.

..Todd

I have built several of Randy's amps and own all of his books. I use one of his L-Mosfet designs to drive my 4-ohm Fraizer model 11's daily. I'm no engineer and found his writing easiest to understand and his designs suit my hobbiest needs well. I emailed him a few times and he always answered my questions quickly. He's a Great guy and really makes himself available to the DIY community. If it wasn't for Randy Sloan's books I never would have even considered DIY audio.

Need some suggestions of Good amp for 700v/a toroidal trans

Hello diyers

I have 700va toroidal with sec 42-0-42&30-0-30ac
Can some one suggest good powerful amp for home use
my expectations is with active filters I want amp for low
to sub and mid/hi freq for spekar
Can it's good to use one amp for all freq or use separate amp for low and hi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.