Akai AM-2850 specs/info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there ultra sweet DIYers

Im new to this forum and Im impressed with the amazing projects that have spawned from it. I myself just but a chip amp by Peter Daniel from audiosector.com ... but that is beside the point.

Im looking for info on the Akai AM-2850. Basically all I have been able to find about it is that its old and it can put out about 80W at 8 ohms. Any and all info is appreciate seeing as I have been unable to dig up anything. A customer of mine (I sell TVs and low end audio) has one of these and he says that it has been acting up and he may want to unload it cheap. When he told me it powers his $4000 towers (18" sub, 2 5" midrange and 4 3" tweeters in each tower) I was intrigued. But I have had little luck.

So if you have owned / heard this amp please drop me a line with your commenting.

Thank you in advance
The Minnister

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.