AV400 Ready to Rock & Roll

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally found the time to bolt everything together. The amp is ready for testing. I've tested it (power supply, DC Speaker protect, and surge limiter) without the amp boards and all is well. Now I have to hook up a set of junk speakers and my backup preamp. Doubt I'll have time tonight as I can't remember where I stored the old speakers. Will require a bit of a search. Once it all checks out I'm going to bridge this amp and build another. Anthony Holton rates the bridged AV400 at 700 watts. They'll drive a pair DIY JBL 2235 subs.

I'd like to mention what a help Anthony has been through this build and he's a very pleasant person to deal with. I'm looking forward to building the second AV400.

I still have to buff & pollish the front, rear, and top plates. However, my garage is un-heated and it's just too cold in Maine. Will have to wait till spring.

Have my fingers crossed and am hoping the amp boards don't have any problems. Don

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
.....If we will have a look to av800 or av1000 amplifier capacitors are 47uf......
The 47uF & 100uF caps are certainly located on the supplied power amplifier PCB but they are high voltage, 100 and 160V types.
perhaps you are confusing these with the large 10,000 uF power supply caps which are on the suggested power supply schematic but not listed?
i.e. they are not supplied, the constructor has to buy them separately.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.