Randy Slone "Fig 11.6" amp, modded: will work?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AndrewT said:
your C3 is fairly close (looks about 20 to 30mm away).
Yes, I too was of the opinion that the current placement of the caps C3, etc are not too bad because (i) they're feeding input+VAS which are not very high current draws, and (ii) they are fairly close already. And if push comes to shove, I wanted the C3 to be close to the input stage rather than the VAS, because I thought that stage would be more sensitive.

Do these L-MOSFETs need shoulder washers on their bolts to fix them to the heatsink? I know the 2SA1943/5200 BJTs don't need shoulder washers, because the metal surface on their rear sides don't touch the central hole, hence that surface never makes contact with the bolt.

If you guys don't use the term "shoulder washer", I'll explain. These are small insulating washers which are put on bolts when you bolt a TO3 package to a heatsink. This prevents the bolt from ever touching any part of the TO3 metal body.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.