Electrocompaniet EC1 help requested

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently I bought an Electrocompaniet EC-1 preamplifier.
Unfortunately someone has been tampering around with it.
The power supply transformer is missing and several copper tracks have been cut. several capacitors exchanged.
I would like to restore it to its former glory.
Can anyone help me with a service manual and/or schematiscs for this beautiful Norwegian piece of electronics?

Thanks!

Best wishes, Jac

Not sure if this is useful but I put "Matti Otala" in Google some years ago and ended up at a good site run by some ex-Electrocompaniet people who had at least some schematics there. I also recall others speaking positively about the official commercial site. I know you have to pick the right words for the DIY search facility to give of its best but I'm sure there are existing threads that will be helpful.

Thanks for your comment.
I was not successful in finding what I need.
I requested Electrocompaniet itself for help, but they were not willing to do so....
Definately not a plus for Electrocompaniet!

The existing Electro threads also did not show me to the solution...

I will keep on looking for the schematics (and hope someone can help me finding them).

Best regards, Jac

Thanks doanh and ben goh,

I have sorted out the interior so far and replaced all electrolytics.
The transistors measure ok, as well as all other components, but still it is not working properly.

Since it is quite a complicated circuitry, I cannot proceed without a proper circuit diagram.

If you would be able to send me a good scan, that will certainly help!

I am a relative new user and it appears that I have not made enough posts in order to email...
Well in that case: my direct email is jac@nbtv.org

Thanks for your help!

Best regards, Jac

Does anyone know if the newer ECP-1 phono preamp is similar or identical in design as the original? I have that one floating around in it's box here, somewhere..... Think I'll get it working properly.....and dump it. Mine might be MC only, though....it's starting to come back to me.....those little neural pathways....

yes. It might be a MC-2..which is a MC only pre-preamp

Take a guess yourself

Attachments

• ec-1.jpg
    ec-1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,007
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.