Diy noob want to build monoblocks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have for a long time wanted to build my own monoblocks, and I think I now is the time to start as I have some time to spare. The problem is that I know absolutely nothing at all about this. I Need the amps to run a pair of Martin Logan Prodigy speakers. What I need is an advice for an amp that can do the job and deliver the best sound for the bucks. I need a complete set, or a list of what I need of parts to pull this of. I hope some of you uys can help me out and help me make a proper high end component. Thanks.

Take a look at the Krell KSA100 rev2 thread. This ClassA topology will drive over 200 watts into 4 ohms, and with the proper power supply, also drive the 1 ohm impedance minimum spec'ed by Martin Logan. The initial DIY listening impressions are positive, as were the original reviews for production KSA/KMA 100.

==================================
Description: Hybrid electrostatic/sealed-box moving-coil loudspeaker. Drive-units: 48" by 16" curvilinear electrostatic HF/midrange panel; 10" long-excursion, aluminum-cone woofer; 10" high-rigidity, high-excursion fiber-cone woofer with cast basket. Bass-control switch: +3dB at 50Hz. Crossover frequency: 250Hz. Crossover type: quasi-second-order, 12dB/octave. Frequency response: 28Hz-22kHz, ±3dB. Dispersion: horizontal, 30 degrees; vertical, 4' line source. Sensitivity: 91dB/2.83V/m. Nominal impedance: 4 ohms. Minimal impedance: 1 ohm at 20kHz. Recommended amplification: 80-300W.

Hi,
I have only heard a Krell once and I have no idea what model it was.
After following the KSA50 thread for the past year and now the KSA100, I can recommend the Krell Klone for extreme duty amplification.

Once you decide, join us and give us some details of your requirements.

The experts there will guide you through procurement and building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.