Parasound P/HP - 850 Preamp modifications

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Parasound P/HP - 850 preamp that I have been using only as an input for my audio restoration projects (records, tapes, radio) that I perform on my computer.

I would like to use the Parasound in my current equipment stack. I would like to be able to use it as a source select to feed my integrated tube amp, so I would not need the preamp section for that so I would like to bypass the amplification section. I intend make it switchable so that I could continue to use the Parasound amplification system for my audio restorations and also to feed a planned Class T amp.

I could not find any documentation on it. Looking at the unit it looks like it could quite easily be completed by lifting the incoming signal lines to the 50K volume control pot and inserting the appropriate switching & a few additional jacks.

Since I am no expert in all this kind of stuff would this create any problems?

Is there any other easy to accomplish hacks that would improve upon a very good design?

Additionally since I cannot locate my owner's manual does anyone know what the difference is between the "Normal" & "Direct" outputs?

Thanks All!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.