PCB Design Packages

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, I searched, but I must be bad at searching because I didn't find a whole lot.

I am looking for a schematic/layout/autorouter suite. We use Mentor Graphics PADS (Logic, PowerPCB, Blaze Router) at work, and my boss has actually encouraged me to do my hobby stuff after hours/on weekends on the work computers to learn/practice since I am new, but sitting up at work doesn't exactly seem like hobby time.

I like PADS, but I don't know what it costs. Also, I am open to other alternatives. I like that it is easy to create my own parts in PADS and it was pretty easy to learn, but I hear that Protel is regarded as the more common/professional package? Also I see a lot of people like Eagle.

What's the best out there? Cost isn't a big factor, but if you know pricing please post it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.