"TECHNO"Amp building in progress-using "Iron Method"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally I decide to build amplifier for my self. After researching a lot I decide to
Ask my “country man” Dr. Bora Jagodic for suggestion .I was deciding between MOSFET or BJT amplifier.Just recently I received some of MJL 4302 and MJL 4281 and
Decide, with Bora’s help, to build his TECHNO amplifier. BTW, I am RF Design Engineer with some knowledge in LF band. Instead of designing my own PCB (which I could using Or CAD or PADS) Bora sent me his PCB Layout (pdf) which included bottom side (traces), component side and silk screen.
For first time I decided to try to use laser printer and iron (previously I used photo process).After number of experiments and hours I finally got everything working well.
I own big THANKS to Dr. Bora for help with this “project”.
I have 2 PCB’s ready to assemble. I ‘ll keep you updated on this project.PLEASE POST COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS!

Here are some pictures of bare PCB’s.

Attachments

• bottom 2.jpg
    bottom 2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,268
I used Staples Laser Glossy paper.
Before that I tried couple of other papers and it did not work that well.Ironed for about 2 minutes (Until I smelled paper burn).
Soaked PCB in warm water for about 5 minutes and peeled paper off.Used old toothbrush soaked in water and soap to clean some paper hairs.

Everything came out great.I was able to get fine print done this way.

Edit: I just found a text in my language describing use of common
colored self-adhesive paper (water soluble), for children´s drawing etc, so probably my problems with drawing PCBs are solved.

But thanks anyway, it was you who made me search in my language and not in english. Now I don´t have to buy expensive boxes of photo-quality paper just for trying if it works, the set of those drawing papers costs something like 1$ for 20 sheets A4 ;)

I actually used "Color Laser Paper" made by Staples.

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesSearch?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&categoryId=10386&cmArea=SEARCH&searchClassId=10386&keyword=laser+paper&actualKeyword=color+laser+paper&searchSkuCount=19&compChartFlag=true&searchUnsumUrl=searchresults&searchSumUrl=searchresultssummary&errorUrl=searchnoresults&fromUrl=searchresultssummary&cmArea=SEARCH

First on list for $5.99 on sale for 300 sheets.

I can personally recommend KODAK "Ultima" photo paper. This is made like proper 35mm photo paper and is very glossy, which I find transfers the toner brilliantly. The only issues I have had have been toner staying on the paper, usually with a large area, and I think this is simply that the clothes iron I use doesn't get hot enough.

I find that soaking it for a few seconds, and then ripping it off quickly gives the best results. I have made 0.3048mm traces spaced on 0.65mm spacing (SSOP28 size) and had no problems.

Here is an example of a board I made recently. The chip in the middle is a TQFP32 package.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Originally posted by boraomega
Sve sam video, veoma sam zadovoljan i od srca mi je drago sto si se odlucio za moj dizajn!

"I saw everything,I'm very pleased and I'm glad to bottom of my heart that you choose my design"

pinco said:

Ovo je ona verzija ploæica koju ste bili radili za mene....., baš mi je drago da se neko odluæija za nju....

"this is version of pcb you made for me...........I'm very glad that someone else decided to use it ;) "

sorry pinco-I couldn't translate dalmatian "odlucija"....

they haven't Malo misto anywhere in Wild West ............:devilr:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.