MJL4281A/4302A Amplifier or MOSFET's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tim__x,
For Your information, designer is, regarding his education and experience, in same league with Pass and Leach. And we really need to appreciate his participation on this DIY forum.

Unfortunately, this forum is flooded with smart members not willing to offer solutions for DIY community. They just offer never-ending critics.:cool:

Studio - components side view

:cool:

Attachments

• studio_stereo_layout.gif
    studio_stereo_layout.gif
    49.9 KB · Views: 705
Head Spaz: I was referring to the amp directly above my post.

As for being a never-ending critic not willing to offer solutions, I don't think that's quite fair. It is in some cases true, but I try to helpful when I can. Here I've suggested splitting the two CCSes giving them separate references. And removing the resistor I mentioned, you'll note that the collector of the LTP transistor on the left hand side sees a rather low impedance, what with the 1.5nf cap and the VAS loading it, so this resistor actually hurts symmetry rather than improving it.

Edit: I switched left and right before. :cannotbe:

No doubt, this is not a perfect amp. Like with any other schematic, it is possible to improve design.
This schematics and PCB are proven in real life. Amplifier is easy to build, not expensive, reliable and the most important - good sounding.
If it is good enough for professional Tannoy-Monitors (for recording studios), than it is more than sufficient for most of the home systems.

Amp specs:
> Output Power --------- 85W RMS/8 ohm
> THD ------------------- 0.003% (20Hz-16KHz)... 0.008% @ 20KHz
> TIM ------------------- 0.002%
> Slew rate ------------- 50V/uS
> Damping factor ------- >650
:cool:

XEAGLEKEEPER said:
I just ordered 5 samples of each yesterday from Onsemi they are being shipped fedex overnight .I should get them tomorrow around 1200 hrs. 100USD worth for 11USD Awesome!!!

Huh? I just asked On when I could expect mine, and they said they're out of them and there's a seven week wait!

XEaglekeeper, how did you order them? From the Onsemi site?

The exact part number is "MJL4302AG"?

Thanks.

Reid

gbyleveldt said:
Yup, I also got the same feedback. I wonder if they have different samples stores across the world...

I thought the same thing, so I sent them an email asking why I have to wait another seven weeks while other people in the same country paying the same $11 get their parts the next day.

XEagleKeeper (that must have been a cool job!), do you know exactly where your parts are shipping from (the Fedex web site would tell you). Mine were from Singapore, I think.

Reid

Reidk
Well got all 10 today. They were shipped from Thief River Falls,MN. I needed 5 sets for a ESP P68 subwoofer amp (500wpc) version. I had already purchased 4 sets off of Ebay for $5 ea. and was getting a Mouser,Newark order ready. Was about to pay full price for the 5th set at $10 ea. Now I have enough for a P3A amp also. Got something to do over the winter now.;)

.........Dave.........

Thanks Dave. Thief River Falls is where DigiKey is; I guess they're shipping from there.

Also: I don't have an option for express delivery when I order samples. "Standard Delivery" is the only one available. Do you see more than that in the dropdown list? I can't see any way to request fedex.

Thanks.

Reid

P.S. Er... did you tell them you'll be ordering a lot of them in the future or something? :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.