diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Solid State (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/)
-   -   Wanted: Crown K2 service manual or schematics (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/91241-wanted-crown-k2-service-manual-schematics.html)

len_scanlan 29th November 2006 11:14 AM

Wanted: Crown K2 service manual or schematics

I'm hoping someone can help me find a service manual or schematics for the Crown K2 amplifier.

I have two dead ones that I want to repair. One has an intermittant fault, and the other one is completely dead. They look reasonably modular so I think I should be able to trace the faults given a set of schematics to work from.

I'm willing to pay for copies if anyone has a set of schematics they could duplicate, or hopefully a service manual.

Thanks everyone,

Len.

alan brando 15th December 2006 01:35 AM

crown K2

....let me see if I have in pdf... of course, no charge.

alan brando 18th December 2006 11:11 AM

K2 schematics

...I found them, please let me know if you need them yet

MaxS 18th December 2006 11:29 AM

I' d them :D

mxs2rds (at) hotmail (dot ) com

len_scanlan 18th December 2006 01:05 PM

Thanks for the offer Alan,

Talk about crazy timing... I just bought a set of crown service manuals off a trader on ebay!!

So thanks again, but I now have all the information I need to get these repaired.. I should have posted something here but I thought the thread had gone cold.

Now here's hoping for a few hours free time to get these repaired. One of these will be going into service as my next sub amp when TC Sounds release their new Neo driver.

- Len.

Maxxarcade 27th December 2006 04:39 PM

RE: Crown K2

I could really use a PDF of the K2 schematics too. If you still have them, let me know.

AJSTAY at AOL Dot Com.

Thanks!

TOINO 27th December 2006 08:51 PM

:wave2: I appreciate if you are kind enough to send me a copy by email...

Maxxarcade 1st January 2007 06:29 PM

Anyone?

I was able to get one of these that I'm working on to power up by unplugging one of the amplifier boards.

Since I have 3 of them, I'm hoping to combine parts to make at least one of them work. But I would much rather find the schematics and fix them all.

How would one of these compare to a Nady XA-900 in terms of sound quality?

audiomachines 2nd January 2007 11:28 AM

me too Allan please send me a copy. here is my email ad jade_808a@yahoo.com, thank you very much. Happy New Year everyone :D

Maxxarcade 3rd January 2007 08:05 PM

Got one working so far... There are many small caps that go bad on the large bottom board which cause it not to power up. Mainly the 100uf 25v caps at C6, C9, C23, C24, the 33uf 160v cap at C11, and the 470uf 16v cap at C15.

And almost all of the 2.2uf bipolar caps were bad as well.

I decided to completely recap these amps (with exception of the large filter caps) with high grade caps from Panasonic and United Chemi-con.

And watch the filter caps on the output boards. They hold a charge forever and have over 100 volts across them. I discharged them through a resistor several times and still got a good shock off them after they sat for a few minutes. And it's a pain to remove the output boards, they get stuck to the thermal pad pretty good

Also had to swap out one of the output boards, I'll take a look at that shortly.

I could really use the schematics though. Kinda hard doing this without them.