What is the goo? Adcom question.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The grey stuff could be a Silver or aluminum Paste...I use a Silver based heatsink compound on CPU Heatsinks and it is supposed to have the Best heat transfer of all Heatsink compounds....

The stuff I use is called "Arctic Silver" and it is a bit pricey but it does work very well.....

Cheers

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi digital desire,
It was a thermal paste that got sort of harder. Similar to thermal epoxy but not as permanent. Anything that will hold the thermistor down and not short will be okay. You really don't want it to melt or soften with heat either. You could also use Wakefield Deltabond 155 (epoxy). It's wonderful stuff, worth it's weight in gold in a pinch.

If you need Arctic silver or the like, it's time to rethink your thermal problems! ;)

-Chris

I conisdered JB weld, but worry that if I need to take it apart again I would not be able.
I suppose I could just tuck in tight, and use the regular white heat tranfer sauce, but I was looking for the paste stuff.

Thanks anyway, I have yet another 555 now to fix, suppose I am starting a collection!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.