mitsubishi DA-A15DC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have owned one since the early 1980's. Smooth, decent high end, but weak into low impedance and/or reactive loads; when driven at all hard, the protection would cut in on loud bass transients. I experienced lots of trouble using it to drive Visonik David 50's with an M&K Goliath sub. I keep it around as a spare, and generally don't use it. When I replaced it I bought an Adcom GFA-545, which was much stronger and had a lot tighter bass. I still use the Adcom as my primary amp, use a Citation 16 as my secondary system, and run the Mitsu in the basement workshop. If you plan on running a difficult to drive load, I would suggest another amplifier.

...a question to NH TomG: but the Citation 16 should sound very good because it is an american brand. I own a HK reciever (2x100wpc) and it drives circle sound speakers and subwoofer by Phönix. It's a realistic 3D-sound - you need'nt sit in the stereo triangle you can walk around!

Miracle

The Citation has significantly greater ability to drive difficult loads than the Mitsu, and is a good amp for it's time. In particular, I find it to have exceptionally well defined bass. I used to sell Citation gear new in the late 1970's, and still have a fondness for it, even though there are certainly better amps out there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.