audiolab 8000a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
have you searched in here?
I think there is a schematic posted somewhere.

However, the 8000a ran for some decades and I suspect that many variations exist so take care to compare/interpret your version against the schematic.

There have been countless postings/threads on the 8000a and I think the expertise is still here.
Maybe they are ignoring you because you've not done your homework.

audiolab spec

Thanks Andrew sorry about that, i should have known better seeing as i have had this apm from new when it first came out, it is the original model mk1 with din sockets
serial no 859038 50 watt per channel, i think it was 1985 it as been a fantastic amp and if possible would like to get it working again, as i have never found the need or the point in trying to better it (and if i'm telling the truth there are sentimental reasons to:) hope that will be enough info and thanks for the reply
dave.

Hi Andrew thanks for the photos looks like a later version than mine wiring is different, ill try to put some phots of my amp on line if possible.
I have got a schematic of a 8000a but it does not say which model
it is, sorry but i cant find any numbers for the output devices

Thanks Dave.

Ah, ambiguous post, sumimasen.

Sanken is the only semiconductor company producing mt200s.
Fujitsu and Toshiba stopped long time ago.
There was a rumor that Matsushita made some rets, i've still not found out what sort of BJTs were made by REY Audio in Japan. (the output devices used by Manuel Huber in the early 80s FM Acoustics power amp)

As far as my memory recalls there was only 1 revision of the Audiolab 8000 integrated and power amplifier, mid 80s. Both versions/editions had Sanken RETs, i've never seen any other Amplifier Manufacturer use the sandwich output device routine.

PHOTOS

Hi sending files

Attachments

• img_3366 copy.jpg
    img_3366 copy.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 506
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.