i have some pics of unwell pioneer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are some pics of the pioneer there are parts missing out of the board which i have done to test,i took all the relays out because the rapid clicking got annoying after a while.

The 2 grey resistors are okay,1.2 k and 1.8 k these drop the volts from 39 vdc to 30 vdc ,+ and - ,then they are drop again for preamp stages through the psu at the side of the 2 15000mf psu caps,preamp rails being +16vdc and - 12.5vdc.

there has been a repair on this amp before there are 4 teapo caps 10mf 100v which have been put in a zener diode by the side of the left psu cap was bust im guessing it is 33v because there is another on - rail.

All of these parts are in the supply to the left of the main psu caps,apologies for rubbish pics.

I really need some help on this one as soon as you press the direct button on front panel amp stays on.............

Any help would be fantastic.

pioneer pics

this time maybe
allpics072.jpg

pioneer fixed (hoorah)

Hi all finally fixed the pioneer a605 r

Went through the motions of replacing many parts which have now been put back as was ,unbelievable fault,got this amp cheap due to repair of low power supplies,however due to many hours of trying to source fault,did a test on the volume ribbon cable seven wires,did a continuity test from 1 t0 1 and got 1 to 7 alarm bells ringing:bigeyes: some plank in past had put this cable in wrong way round so now the amp was not getting + and - 15vdc up the front end,unbeleivable,detatched pioneers crappy socket and soldered each cable through board,:D :D :D

Hey presto amp fixed the old saying springs to mind things are not always as they seem

Many thanks for input members......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.