Yamaha A-760

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi XEAGLEKEEPER,
DeoxIT and De-Ox-It are both excellent cleaners. I use them both.

My opinion isn't an opinion really. All contact cleaners will dissolve greases and oils. The protective grease is on the carbon track so the wiper doesn't wear it out. The grease in the bushing prevents the shaft from getting loose through wear.

If you over apply (how's that for a nice way of putting it?) the contact cleaner, you will set the control up for being destroyed down the road. The major problem is that most people want instant gratification, so they will load up the control with cleaner. That's just plain stupid once you understand how a control works. The equipment belongs to someone else, it's up to the tech not to cause excessive damage. Too bad the easy way out has effects down the road and not an immediate problem.

I've seen a lot of worn out controls over the years, there is no reason for this normally.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.