Need easy buffer/preamp help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have build (well sorta gotta fix a strange echo on one channel) a cheapish chipamp but I would like to try my hand at a soldistate preamp or buffer... I don't realy have all that much in my box to choose from basicaly some BD135 and BD139 and some other cheapies.

Is there a circuit like that, not looking for phenominal performance, concidering the application, but I would like good power supply noise rejection to go with the very quiet chipamp.

Basicaly just looking for something that will add a bit more oomph to low power sources like my Shuffle... I think it only does 30mA at 1V max.

Whereas the input on the amp is optimised for max output at 1.4V input, so if voltage gain is posible it only has to be SQRT2 (x1.41) If my caveman calculations are correct, the current as is should be enough to supply the amp.

It is a gift for a lead ear mother in law, so quality is not a premium, it sounds fairly nice as is (the working channel) and realy astoundingly nice concidering the parts count. The Case is starting to turn out realy nicely as I'm using solid meranti with mitred corners so there are no planks except when seen from the rear. the rear plate is connected to the bottom. I kinda accidentaly got some very expensive two part clear varnish stuff, like the stuff they use to make wooden surfboard surfaces from. Its worth every cent though. would teach me to be more specific when ordering stuff, but this is an accident I'm glad happened as I can't see myself using anythin gbut this 2 part varnish ever again... looks like water on top when its dry (about 1 day)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.