Denon PMA-250

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi dear members,

Is a Denon PMA-250 worth to buy for 12000 HUF (equals 60 USD / 45 EUR)? It's in good condition.
I'm not an audiophile, my demands aren't that high. But I like good hifi-sound.
What is the sound quality, and in what quaility it made?
So, would you buy it, if you were me?

Thanks for any info and feedback,

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi edl,
That looks like a nice amplifier. Working in good condition it's probably worth the $60 USD.

Denon normally is constructed well for a mass market product and offers higher than average amplifier quality. There is better, but that price range is pretty low. So yes, I'd go for it if that fits your need.

-Chris

Edit: Looks like about 140 pounds new.

Hi Anatech,

lot thanks for your valuable reply.
I found some reviews on the web, and they wrote almost the same as You: this Denon model is comparatively a good built and nice sounding integrated amp.
Good news, that I haven't found any degrading review about this amplifier!

And yes, I think it would fit my needs: it's integrated, it produces 30/50W (I heard that it sounds relatively "bigger"), it has treble/bass equalizer (can be bypassed with a switch on the front!), balance pot, 5 inputs... Phones out...
And hey, it looks lovely.
http://www.gbaudio.co.uk/data/pma250.htm
(The model i would buy is silver, not black)

So I grab it! The shipping is only 2000HUF (8 USD), so i will get it for only 70 USD... :)

best regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.