ok, I have all these odd chips- can I do anything with them?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have (had) a set of Altec Lansing ACS48 PowerCube Plus speakers (20 watts x2 stereo 20 or 40 watt sub-something like that). Well, I have always enjoyed them, but they were hit by lightning and some stuff in the amp is fried. I don't know what in particular. I now have access to a lot of caps from .47uF-4700uF. I also got some chips. The caps and resistors I can figure out where I can use them, but I know nothing about the chips or any applications for them. They are:

1x TC4013BP
1x TC4011BP
1x Toshiba IC9235P (could be TC9235-the IC is scratched on the top)
2x something- I don't know which number is the model, so all of it from top to bottom is this: ST CHN MC4558CN K00028
1X TDA7294- looks fried to me- has a huge split down the middle around pin #6-8- the board where this pin was is also brown and melted
2x TDA7296 look ok
2x 7812A JRC- then one says MO124J and the pther says G5017A

If anyone know of anything I can sue them for I would be happy to know it. If the schems are too difficult, maybe one of you wants to buy them- they look basically ok, don't know if they work, were desoldered by me from the Altec Lansing board.

I am really wanting to build an amp for a subwoofer though. I don't know how much power I could get out of this, if anyone could help me with any info about what to do with these I would appreciate it.

Those are all inexpensive relatively low quality parts.

Either repair the Altec stuff or throw those chips away.

When going to all the effort for DIY anything less than the best parts is a waste of time. You're going to have 100+ hours in a big DIY project, does it make sense to try and save $2 ?

TC9235

TC9235

see PT2256 on this page:
Technical Library at Princeton

Here is PDF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
found in Russia - Thank you Moscow!
toshiba PDF for TC9235P - 11 pages

Electronic Volume Controller compatible with TC9235
0dB to -42dB Attenuation controlled by 2dB/step.
-42dB to -78dB controlled by 4dB/step.
Attenuation controlled by built-in OSC and UP/DOWN Pins.

not bad! I wouldn't mind using it
Even if it is not HiFi you can have some good use for it.

/halo - blaims google - once again

Application

left side is a Loudness-control - a sort of tone control
Right in/out is plain volume

this is from the PDF

Attachments

• tc9235.gif
    tc9235.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 455
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.