Levinson No23 DC offset troubleshooting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some DC offset in the ML 23 that trips the breaker intermittantly when ramping up with my variac. I believe it is in the input section after isolating the HV supply to output transistors. Has anyone had this problem with the No23? I already see a couple caps near some heat sources that need replacement however they are not shorted. This is a very difficult amp to take apart which requires that all the outputs be unsoldered and removed before the main board can be worked on. I would like to get it right the first time and was hoping someone on this forum has some experience with this amp.

johnsciolino said:
I have some DC offset in the ML 23 that trips the breaker intermittantly when ramping up with my variac. I believe it is in the input section after isolating the HV supply to output transistors.

Many designs have DC offset , when they are feed with to low a voltage (depending of the circuit )...

Have you tried to feed the amp with the proper voltage?

Differential PAir-Schematic would be nice

I should of specified 19v DC offset when bypassing the protection circuit.
I get 67,67,37v at differential pair but the transistors test OK. I think this amp uses FET at the input which I would suspect is the problem. A schematic that is legible would be nice if someone could kindly send one my way.
I would like to identify the FET on the board without reverse engineering everything.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.