Adcom GFA-545 II Schematic Needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I have a burnt resistor tied to the emitter of Q605 and no burnt outputs, but blown fuses so I want to completely go thru the thing before restoring power to it.
It appears that it might have frontend damage as I have tested all the outputs and driver and they all appear to just fine.

Hence my request for a schematic. Overall it appears to be a very straight forward design, but I have read it has a offset servo up front and I would rather not second guess that section of the amp.

It also has Adcom marked Ic's up front and if they have been damaged I would like to see the circuitry to allow replacements to be picked tested and installed from my selection of AD and BB chips.

I already have a partial schematic of the output s and drivers section only ( i found that here on the forum) but no front end section is to be found ( I have scotch tape if and when i find it :D )

Plus I dont like to second guess and invent bias adjustments so hence my request for a bias spec. for the output stage. I normally repair amps all day long. So I can follow any instructions you might have to offer.

I just want to do this old girl justice and see the job completed properly and to spec. It will go nicely on my tech bench with my Adcom tuner preamp I use for a source everyday:)

Many thanks in advance for any support you might be able to render.:) :) :) :)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi justonemoreamp,
The 100 ohm resistor for the current source is burned??? :bigeyes: If that's true, the diff pair is toast, and probably Q605,Q615, D605, D607 and more.

Choose a low DC offset op amp for the Adcom 3A if you need to. It's filtered so there is no "sound" from it per se. Pin 7 should be running around +12 VDC supply. Check for capacitor electrolyte on the PC board just in case.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.