Bob Cordell Interview: Error Correction

Good one,

remarkably well for a low bias mosfet amp in those years, i did not understand why untill i read Mr Cordell's paper. The high priced TPA-3016A out-tricked a P-300V in the late 80s, imho.
A big Hitachi TO3 Mosfet amp like a Perreaux PMF series did not give me the shivers either, but the Hot Kiwi output stage operated at a high class A level, up to 25-30W (fttomh)
(naturally my preference was for the equally expensive Threshold SA/3, me don't need no 200 watts)

Mikeks,
---Has anyone got a copy of the Tandberg schematic?---

In case of need : there was a short article published in Electronics World where a Cherry's scheme, one of the first John Curl's amplifier and a Tandberg Error Correction scheme were shown. I can provide a copy.

TOINO said:
Relevant Part of TPA-3006. The only I have...
The image size imposed by this forum is a great communication obstacle and a real pain.
The time I lose trying to compress is very discouraging…
:(

This is probably a decent implementation of HEC, but I think it would perform better if the VAS was buffered from the HEC circuit. Also notice that the collector of the EF that follows the HEC summing node (Q224/Q225) is not bootstrapped to signal, but returned to the power supply, so it must be a HV transistor and its ccb will create some nonlinearity. Nice that they regulate the rails to the input and driver circuits, and nice that they cascode the VAS.

Cheers,
Bob