Attachments

• k1056j160tlbamp.gif
    k1056j160tlbamp.gif
    17.7 KB · Views: 451
lumanauw said:
This one is from here

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1141588#post1141588

Q1+Q2+D1+D2 seems to form correction loop

The output stage works in fact as a regular negative feedback loop, being the noninverting input at Q1-Q2 emitter junction and D1-D2 junction (output) the inverting input.

An interesting feature is the potentially large bandwidth (non inverting) resulting from Q1/Q2 working common base. Probably this circuit could benefit from an additional overall negative feedback loop, setting the inner OpAmp feedback so as to have a moderately high gain (10 - 100 times amplifier set gain).

Drawbacks are low output stage input impedance toghether with unity gain, which places severe drive requirements for the OpAmp.

As Bob noted, matching of D1-D2 V/I curve with Q1-Q2 Vbe/Ie curve may be tricky.

---Correction--- There is no possible match since Q1-Q2 Ie is basically constant while D1-D2 see the load current.

Rodolfo

This looks like a mini-CFA follower inside the overall op-amp loop. Those 1.5mA currents end up driving the MOSFET capacitances in one direction or other, could be a problem as a general purpose technique (ie. if the FETs have 1000pF of Cgs).

EDIT - Sorry just noticed the loop isn't closed around the whole thing - still have to slew those MOSFET gates.

Bob Cordell said:

Hi Mike,

It would be even more interesting if I could read Japanese!

Can you tell what the point is that he is trying to make?

Thanks,
Bob

Yes, Japanese would be good, but is not necessary for a fundamental appreciation of his points, some of which are rather misleading.

In essence he attempts to cover issues beaten to death, here, here and here, but in a much less intuitive fashion.

powerbecker said:
I use only inverting amps for the summers, because they have for this purpose the smallest error...as models ..and in reality!
Heinz!

Heinz,

The inverting summers you've used here are not a good idea because U1 has to swing roughly twice the output voltage, making it the predominant source of intra-loop non-linearity.

I am trying to find a schematic for a amp with error correction but with 4 pairs of output mosfets. I have plenty of spare laterals here.

I think there was a design from Tandberg that used error correction (european amp I think). Something like 8009A, 9008A ?? Think it was printed in Electronics and Wireless World.

I could just add more outputs to an existing design but it may go bang!. The loop stability of the EC output stage may be a problem.