Search for the better MosfetPowerFollower..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI!

This topology is what we all talked about a number of times but IMO there is still not good enough.

I experimented a long time in the search of the "ideal" mosfet power follower...
This is what I came up to.

INput inpedance is about 12K.Distortion figures are lot better then the classic PP type follower. Q1 and Q2 work like a constant voltage sources, floating with the input voltage, giving constant bias voltage for output mosfets.
The following ciruit is biased in class A (2.2A idle current)(30W class A) but it could be easily biased to work in class AB but then Q1 and Q2 are used for thermal tracking (this is not tried in practice).
Input stage is biased with 2.2mA.

What do you think? Are there any solutions to make this desing better and to raise input impedance so it could be driven directli from the tube stage.

Cheers!

Attachments

• output.pdf
    22 KB · Views: 223
Bogdan:
"anyone tried something like this?"

Hello Bogdan,
no!
I believe that the input impedance from your follower can be fairly low at higher frequencies.
Also your arrangement looks like to need carefully adjustments for optimum results.
Can You give some specs?
Can be interesting what you get when You drive it from a 5k source!

For a answer to your question please look at the attachment.
It´s from (C) Mario Benndorf, Essen am 24.07.2006
I see it here:
http://www.moehrenbude.de
Regards
Heinz!

Attachments

• hybridendstufe_mk5 (800 x 613).gif
    hybridendstufe_mk5 (800 x 613).gif
    33.8 KB · Views: 235
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.