Old RCA application notes....where?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have noticed many referances (on this and other sites) to RCA application notes, presumably from early-mid seventies (?), and especially in conjunction with discussions about Naim, Harmon and other power amps. However, searching either this site or the internet has drawn a blank.....
Does anyone have a link to these notes or could anyone post them on this site?
RCA were an important contributer to early solid state amplifiers and, it would seem, very influencial of even present day designs. It would be a pity if these old app notes could not be read by modern enthusiasts.

jez said:
I have noticed many referances (on this and other sites) to RCA application notes, presumably from early-mid seventies (?),
Does anyone have a link to these notes or could anyone post them on this site?

I still have a 1974(+-) RCA data book, but it is 750 Km from here.
If there is really no other way I could scan this or that, but it
will take at least a month.

Gerhard

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
For what it's worth, my article on the Mosfet Citation 12
includes the original schematic, which is virtually identical
to the classic RCA quasi-complementary design, the original
basis for many of the early silicon power amplifiers of the
60's and 70's, including the early Phase Linear amps.

You can see it at www.passdiy.com

:cool:

Many thanks to all of you for those tips. I have downloaded Nelson's article on the Citation 12 (I had forgotten that I have a Citation 11 pre amp in the loft...very rare here in UK but needs a replacement multi wafer switch made from pure unobtainium:smash: ) and it is indeed very similar to loads of different '70s amp designs. Very interesting, a rose by any other naim:cannotbe:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.