Post your pro amp pics here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
post ur pro amp pics here...

I have recently got into pro amps for their BS free and high power effortless sound...but???

how do you judge one?

industry std. reputation?
weigh not regarding switching psu?
no of transistors in output stage?
distortion?
slew rate?
reliable/heat/stability

they all seem pretty similar powerwise, so what do YOU use as criteria to see if an amp. is a good or not so good one?

please post internal pics too of your pro amps, so I can drool!!

I'll play with a two for one. I can post three or four more later.
The one on the left is a GemSound XP375
The one on the right is a Crown XLS602

Attachments

• p0003576.jpg
    p0003576.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 422
I have had the behringer, and the alesis, the alesis was better, sadly the behringer I found was very poor, power was nowhere near the specs., and sound was not adeqate for me.

Behringer, whilst doing things cheap, have dubious ethics, their styling mimics almost exactly the industry standard items, in order to perhaps sway people who don't know, that something costs $2000 can be bought for $200, and looks the same.

I have problems with that.

There is talk that they also buy the brand leader and reproduce the designs, instead of doing all the hard work, and they are made in china, it shows in the build quality. It looks nice on the outside, but inside?

If you like it, that's fine.

I find when you mix DIY and professional amplifier concepts into one package, you can end up with some nice things.

A few of my designs in the KW range are like this and they get the best of both worlds; reliability/power, and quality/finesse.

It does take a lot to make something in the professional power range with the quality and smoothness of a true reference amplifier, but when you work hard at it; it sure pays off.

Unfortutanely, to go with this thread, I haven't got a picture of my amplifiers available at the moment.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.