Phonic MAX2500 Service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, please can someone help me, I have a phonic 2500 amp that plays perfectly from channel 1 but channel 2 is stuck at full volume regardless of the position of the volume pot on the front. I've tested the internal fuses and they are all ok and it all lights up.
Please can someone tell me if its likely i need a new volume pot for channel 2 and if i do, what spec it needs to be, part number etc or a service manual that contains the info.
Thanks in advance. Al.

Hi zeonrider. Could I request you to send me copy of the schematic and/or service manual for the Phonic Max2500? I prefer a full service manual. I have one that is going into shut-down within minutes of power up. I run an electronics repair shop here in Olympia, Washington, USA and would be willing to share some of the service manuals I have with you that I have collected (NOT from this site).
Thank You!
Tim Prellwitz
admin@timilen.com

In need of a service manual

I need a Phonic Max2500 amp repair manual. I'd prefer the manual but a master schematic might be acceptable and could possibly do the job. I have a respectable service manual and user manuals library focused on musician and power audio systems. (Fender, Peavey, Roland, Yamaha, Harmon Kardon, etc.) I'd be willing to swap with someone for the Phonic Service Manual. You can email me at admin@timilen.com if you can help.
Thanx! :cool:

Hello, please can someone help me, I have a phonic 2500 amp that plays perfectly from channel 1 but channel 2 is stuck at full volume regardless of the position of the volume pot on the front. I've tested the internal fuses and they are all ok and it all lights up.
Please can someone tell me if its likely i need a new volume pot for channel 2 and if i do, what spec it needs to be, part number etc or a service manual that contains the info.
Thanks in advance. Al.
Hi, in my MAX 1500 the volume pots were 5k log units. I replaced then with 10k pots as I couldn't obtain 5k pots and they seem to work ok.

I like the Phonic XP series. I have a XP2000 for my home stereo. Just sold a XP3000 which ran a pair of 18" 1000 watt w bins to great effect. Had problems with the XP5000 which was a new design and a bit "sensitive", I tried three of them before swapping for the 3000. The 5000 is probably sorted by now but to be honest the 3000 is enough. 5000 watt amps are a bit dodgy, dirt and humidity can make that kind of power short out ie; arc across the terminals.

PHONIC XP5100 - one channel lost

Hi everybody,
I lost one channel of my Phonic 5100...I changed all transistors but again problem...I think that some smds are lost and I can't regulate the bias.
Does anybody know where I can get a pcb board for one channel of the amp?
Any help appreciated.
Thank you.
Stefano

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.