soultek amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey everybody, i was just at a music shop and i came across a soultek 50watt amp w/ a 4x10 stack, i was just wondering if anybody knew anything about them, or where i could find information about them, the amp looked fairly old had 3 speaker outs(16 ohm, 8 ohm, and 4 ohm) a line out and is a clean tone amp(no built in distorsion) it is VERY loud and was wondering if itz a bad idea to run a dist pedal through it? any feedback would be great i use a ds-1 dist pedal by the way

I know Sovtek is a russian tube manufacturer. I've used some of their tubes and I like them alot. That they made amps, I didn't know, or maybe it's just an amp using their tubes. But they do make some nice tubes, so the amp can't be all bad. But I doubt it's solid state (this being in the solid state forum and all) since it has the 16 Ohm, 8 Orm and 4 Ohm taps, and since Sovtek makes tubes. Maybe that'll help some...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.