M3 Semiconductor Analyzer - Cool kit for device matching

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy,

Has anyone seen or used this: http://www.m3electronix.com/sa.html

I just finished building mine this weekend and it's pretty darned cool. Sure, it's not mega-accurate or "audiophile" approved (audiophile as in: fear of microdiodes, can hear a socketed op-amp, $4,000 speaker cables, etc.), but I'm impressed.

I wanted to match some small-signal devices for a discrete op-amp/preamp design and was going to build a jig and build my own. I figured I'd do some research and see what was out there and get some ideas. I came across the M3 and got one. I really like it and built mine with an AC power supply and transistor sockets along with a small PCB for SMT devices to speed testing. I attached a picture.

I'm not associated with the company in any way, but thought it was a great product and pretty cheap (about $67 total with a case and S/H) for everything it did and thought I'd spread the word for other DIY'ers.

Enjoy,
Paul

Attachments

• m3 analyzer complete.jpg
    m3 analyzer complete.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 535
Some multimeters have a built in transistor gain function. Of course this only works for matching known transistors. I have a leader curve tracer set up with a dedicated 3" scope. I like seeing the waveforms but a device like the one mentioned here that gives a readout sure is nice.

I have a cheap Multimeter with the transistor function. i have used it for some small transistors but i have no idea how accurate that thing is or what exactly it is measuring even though it says beta. I need a better system and this looks quite nice for a small device to at least get some basics! I like the fact that the leads can be hooked up in any fashion and it figures out how the DUT is connected! thats cool!

Zc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.