High power professional amp modules or pcb?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!
Someone asked me to do a good quality, high power (up to 700w rms), well protected and stable down to 2 ohms amplifier. I would like to get finished modules or at least well teted and known project with pcb available. I prefer d class for this, but it can also be b class.
Searching around i found Hypex, B&O, but they seem to be exopensive if compared to used amps.
I would like to know if it's worth diy and which circuit or module would suit my needs.
Thanks in advance!
Miha

p.s.:I have no info on speakers for now. Only know it will be also used on 2 ohms.

Hmm, PA's are very often demanding power amps capable to run 2ohms. Yes, i checked solutions you mentioned, but they seem to be more expensive in parts than factory made amps. I will suggest QSC amps or something similar. After researche i think diy PA amp is to expensive.
Thanks Miha

We run our big demonstration PA subwoofer in bridge mode with 2 BP4078. It has 2 8 ohm drivers, but as we connect them in parallel, total is 4 ohm.
So each module sees 2 ohm. With only 2 BP4078 and 1 SPS80 we run it at >1200W with no problem. They just need a bit of forced cooling to run music continuously at that level. So yes, they can run at 2 ohm safely.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.