Dual mono . truth doesn´t matter!?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
whatsnext ! your dream come true...

4x 500va transfos, 4x bridges, 4x 40,000uF, 4 oz teflon boards,
2 on/off, and 2 AC cords and 2 softstart standby.

Attachments

• p1050068-2.jpg
    p1050068-2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 268
Got a third mail , from the company ...

It´s a hard task, to take these mails seriously, as I only pointed out a "false" statement in his company´s advertising.But I try to understand the anger, as I can recognize it as typical "human" , when someone feels threatend.

I don´t believe we will ever get a "perfect" world, were everything said or written is true, but somehow we have to strive for more care, about concepts, in order not to loose them as tools , in our communication.

At the same time, I find it interesting, how fear(?) or any other relevant emotion, can so easily and unintentionally be provoked?

As I don´t want to start a fight, I can agree to some things to begin with: Music reproduction is the prime object of my (our) hobby!David Belles is probably a great designer!

At the same time, some assumptions made about me , isn´t correct, and this is a common phenomenia ; to suppose that your "enamy" is just that you disgust the most(probably).

For example, I wish my equipment occupied a smaller area of my living room. But as it is, I appreciate the looks of my J.Rowland Synergy II preamp.

And I try (at least), not to be provoked by sentences like " If you are so interested in this dual mono thing that it is keeping you up at night,...." It isn´t keeping me up at night. Such claims sounds a bit funny to me.
And I have the choice, to simply ignore these letters, but find them interesting.(I have not decided yet, if I shall answear any letter, but in case, I will keep the answer short , correct and polite.)

The second letter, shortend:

"You have your DIY Forum to play with.
Why are you bothering me with something that I have no control over.
In the scope of all things in life, is it really that important to prove if the Belles 350A is truly dual mono or not?
The bottom line is the sound is it not?
If you are a DIY kind of guy, how can I stay in business with you or your buddies.
If you are so interested in this dual mono thing that it is keeping you up at night, why don't you spend some money and call David Belles and discuss this with him.
He is making the claims, not me.
I do however sell this wonderful sounding amp that he has designed, not that you have any interest in purchasing one.
You like to make your own stuff and of course you must tell yourself that it is good because you put it together. Gotta be good!!!!!!
At least I am being straight with you. Like it or not!

Best regards
xxxxxxxxxx

Third letter compleate:

Hi
You know I have been thinking about this dual mono controversy and you know what? It does not really matter in the whole audio scheme of things. It is the MUSIC that matters.
If a dual mono amp shares the same transformer and it sounds incredible, who cares?????
IF you happen to be an equipment junkie, well all I can say is that I feel sorry for you because you are missing the big picture called music.
That is what this stuff is built for in the first place.
I am not a DIY person.
I do not pretend to be an audio engineer.
I leave that job to the real audio engineers who bust their butt to come up with good sounding designs. Belles is one of them.
How dare you criticize a highly touted man like DAVID BELLES.
He has dedicated his life to highend audio. If he says dual mono then that's what it is.
You wish you could have one of his amps.
Instead you build your own crap from diy audio magazine because it is cheaper and
you can say you built it. WOW.
How about purchasing one of David Belles's Power amps and then you will know what music is supposed to sound like if you even care about that part.
Best regards,

xxxxxxxxx

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Man, this guy is pissed! But through all his ramblings he clearly misses the point.

He advertises his stuff as dual mono. 'Dual mono' is used to denote a specific topology perceived as 'better' and thus promoting sales. If his stuff is not actually dual mono he is using misleading advertisement to promote sales on untrue statement. All the rest is just logorrhea (look it up!) to cover this up.

But I wouldn't react. Useless.

Jan Didden

janneman said:

But I wouldn't react. Useless.

Jan Didden

forget about trying to argue with this man in question
he is defending his own child

there are many cases when mothers/fathers wouldn't want to see
the truth about their children
- in their eyes they are perfect and never can be anything wrong with them
.. because if, mother/father may have done something wrong educating and parenting
.. so it is really in the end out of own egoistic reasons such a twisted defense is put up
such father - such son

if a son, without any obvious sound reason commit a murder and/or rape or any other dreadful crime
he is still the best one of all men in the world
this is called subjectivity

against strong emotions and subjective opinions
that will cover plain and logical facts
we all fight in vain
so we shouldn't even try - at least in these totally hopeless cases,
where odds are almost 100% against us

it will be like
trying empty the seven seas, the oceans
using our smallest teaspoon

a sisyfos job!

lineup
october 2006

-------------------------------
*note
Sisyphus (Greek Σίσυφος; transliteration: Sísuphos; IPA: ['sɪsɪfəs]),
in Greek mythology,
was a king punished in the underworld by
being set to roll a huge rock up a hill throughout eternity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisyphus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.