Replacement Transistor 2SC4467?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an amplifier and found 3 output transistors 2SC4467(NPN) were bad on one channel. I was searching the forum and two post recommended replacement with 2SA1694(PNP). This amp I beleive is a npn/pnp amplifier cause it has three 2SA1694 and three 2C4467 per channel. So if I use a 2SA1694(PNP) it won't work right? Can I replace the bad ones with TIP35A? Is there a cheaper alternative to the 2SC4467? Can I replace everything with TIP35A/TIP36C? or Replace everything with a better or cheaper setup?
2SC4467(NPN) Manufactored by Sanken/Allegromicro hxxp://www.allegromicro.com/skncatlg/pwrxtr/2sc4467.pdf

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Of course you cannot replace the 2SC4467 with the 2SA1694. Both are so called complementary parts.

You need at least TIP35D / TIP36D.
I would stick with the originals despite the higher price. You won't be sorry in the long run.

Don't forget to find out why the NPN bank got broken. (Driver transistors)

/Hugo

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi confused256,
Netlist has given you valuable advice. You can not blindly replace parts and expect a working amplifier. I would expect more blown parts and more damage. How you replace the parts mechanically is as important as the parts. The proper way to repair this amp would be to install a new matched set of outputs and drivers. I expect more damaged parts further back. It would be wise to get the service manual.

Consider that a manufacturer will always use the least expensive part that will reliably do the job. There is always a reason for using the parts they do. Often they will chose an inferior part. Therefore, don't go backwards.

Now, what make and model amplifier are you working on?
What test equipment do you have?

-Chris

This amplifier is a concept cc-2502l. I assume the speaker leads were shorted over time. Speakers were removed but amp was still hooked up and I found wires shorted when hooking speakers up again after 3 months. This amp is a different one than the one that has the bad caps.
I have a test bench with dummy load, meter, source, speakers, power source, everything but O-Scope(adding to christmas wish list).
I removed the parts, left them out, and the amp powers up with good voltage on the rails now, but no load.
Thanks for that supplier that is a lot better price than what I could find from NTE replacement $6 a peice.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi confused256,
NTE stuff is junk. Expensive junk. Don't even consider using it.

My original advice stands. Make sure all heatsink surfaces are clean, the insulators are in good condition Use fresh heatsink grease if used.

Remember, if your amp is cheap or disposable, you still need to repair it properly. If you don't you may as well just simply throw it out right now. Think of this as education.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.