Krell KSA300S set up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently I have bought a Krell KSA300S with a new (changed in service) board control

I need to Know the function of control panel swiches on Krell KSA300S. I have a remote with no function. I suspect this new board need any procedure for the correct use of remote.

Do you have any procedure for syncronice the remote with the control panel?

¿Any Schematics or explanation ?

Switches in panel and remote pictures atacched. Excuse my painfull english.

The first picture isn´t mine. My new control board is the same but in red colour. (I don´t have opened the amp for the picture)

Thanks in advance. Daniel.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

any troubles with remote

I have tested the remote with a infrared remote tester and it´s emiting correct signal.

I´m sure that it have any procedure for syncronize the remote and control board, but I don´t Know :bawling:

I put my control board picture. The red micro-switch in the upper right of thepicture is for power up option (manual or mains) and the other micro-switchs have an incription:"unit select" , I supposse for master-slave amps control.

Please any idea for sincronize the remote with control board??

HELP!!

Any idea?

I send a mail to Krell service with my problem and they send me this one:

Dear Daniel,
The red faceplate board indicates that the unit is dedicated for 240v operation only.
I would recommend that you remove the AC power for approximately 3 minutes, and reinstall to reset the remote operation.

If this fails to correct the issue. You will need to be in contact with the authorized Krell service center that originally performed the repair. And we will deal directly with them to resolve the issue.

Best regards, Steven Leckrone
Krell Service Department
sleckrone@krellonline.com
203-799-9954 ext. 343
Fax: 203-795-2287
www.krellonline.com/index.php .

I have reinstallled to reset remote operation but nothing, same problem.

This baby have a 200lbs weight and I don´t like to send newly to technical service in Valencia (Spain-Europe).(1200 Kilometers travel) to pay a bill in shipping cost for a simply procedure to marry board and remote.:hot:

Have you any similar problem? Have you any idea?
Something have the service manual of this Krell or similar KSA-S Series? :rolleyes:

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: any troubles with remote

corbelli said:
I have tested the remote with a infrared remote tester and it´s emiting correct signal.

I might ask for the obvious but are the batteries still in good shape?
If they are, as the Krell mail indicates, this will be a software issue that you probably can't fix yourself.
Either live with it or send the unit in.

Nice amp.

/Hugo :)

Hi,
is the amplifier powering up anywhere?

Have you read the threads on Krell's grey import defeat circuit?

Could the chip (if you have one ) be detecting the wrong combination of mains voltage and frequency and shutting down because the amp has crossed a border from the importer?

Hi,
if the amp is powering up and works manually then grey import is not the problem. Just the remote problem as you described.

Krell have a chip inside their newer models that compares the mains voltage and the mains frequency to a database to ensure the country of official importation matches the current mains supply. If it has moved to a location that does not match, it refuses to start up and the unit has to be returned to an official Krell dealer to be rechipped and the charge includes the lost profit from the grey import. The markup in the European distribution network is enormous.

OK..

The remote should have any proccedure to link with control board.

Surely press the power button in both during one time, or press in faceplate power and display button in adittion to one button in remote or....:bawling:

Have somebody any experience on this or similar Krell remotes?

Have somebody any KSA, MDA or FPB service manual for remote operation item?

Reegards.Daniel

I don't think this is a big conspiracy or anything...just appears that no one here knows.

Usually people who buy this level of gear don't mind tossing out a few hundred dollars (or more) when things need attention. You and I realize that this is not always the case, but try convincing Krell of that...:bawling:

Just to state the obvious: have you tried the remote transmitter on another Krell unit OR could you borrow another transmitter and try on your amp?

I understand that these solutions are not easy to do. Maybe Krell can lend you a remote transmitter for this test? They could secure this against a credit card.

Have you tried connecting an osciloscope to the IR receiver and recording the train of pulses coming in? if that works, can you follow the train of pulses to the relevant CPU pin? If the pulses reach the CPU then check if they are noisy. What are the pulse widths of the train?

if you do not want to send the amp to Krell maybe you can send them the remote transmitter for testing. If you do not want to ship the amp you have to do a lot of work and troubleshooting yourself. Shoot sme more close up photos of the red board and post them. Maybe it will help.

:)

mc68hc705p

Im looking for this mocrocontroller.

Anybody in Europe , near Serbia that can find me this part ?

Thank you

Stevan

Attachments

• 9526_1.jpg
    9526_1.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 216
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.