Transformer Feedback

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Theoritically it should have a benefit because it would include another non-linear component inside the feedback chain.

In practise I don't think this would work because the phase shift of the transformer would make the loop unstable.

The fact that it is never done (as far as I know) should be a powerfull omen....

Jan Didden

Isn't that what McIntosh does? From what I remember of the last set of schematics I saw, they have a large "autoformer" between the outputs and the 2/4/8 ohm speaker output taps and the 8 ohm output tap feeding back an error correction signal.

Can anyone else confirm this topology?

DCPreamp said:
Isn't that what McIntosh does? From what I remember of the last set of schematics I saw, they have a large "autoformer" between the outputs and the 2/4/8 ohm speaker output taps and the 8 ohm output tap feeding back an error correction signal.

Can anyone else confirm this topology?

But the problem is,where are you going to get the autoformer???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.