Luxman M-05 105W/channel class A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bikehorn said:
i would kill for 105 watts per channel of Class A Lux power. damn that thing looks like a tank.

Looks like the Denon Poa-1 amp.. That lux probably weighs more than i can lift :) Looks like it is built really good.

Lookig at now a day's amps they are all cheap stamps steel and crapy construction with a plastic / THIN alumium face place.

That lux looks really nice..

As someone who was into building computers, there's a company called Vantec whose "Stealth" line of fans is extremely quiet. The fans come in 60mm, 80mm and 120mm sizes, I think (maybe 40mm as well?) and anyone looking to get quiet, reasonably high CFM fans should look at those. Just stay away from the "Tornado" type - you can guess what they sound like.

sorenj07 said:
As someone who was into building computers, there's a company called Vantec whose "Stealth" line of fans is extremely quiet. The fans come in 60mm, 80mm and 120mm sizes, I think (maybe 40mm as well?) and anyone looking to get quiet, reasonably high CFM fans should look at those. Just stay away from the "Tornado" type - you can guess what they sound like.

I build computers and main frame servers for hosting companies :) so that is why i said a larger fan with lower rpm will move more air and quieter.

Look at most pc computers such as dell hp Compaq etc etc they all use a nice big 5" fan with a heat sink the size of a pack of cd's because the air will flow over the large heat sink and through the larger fan.

BUT rack servers HEH those are loud.. Apple G4 dual 1.0 server SOUNDS like a jet engine :D

Jase

The fans in the M-05 are dead quiet. I would like my G4 933 as quiet as the M-05.

I can't use my M-05 now because there is a problem with the bias. The left chanel doesn't heat at all but is playing.

VR202 is normally set to get 110mv between pin 1 and 2 of A202. I have 35 mv when the pot is set at the maximum. Do someone know what can be the problem ?

Thanks

Marc Legare

Attachments

• luxman m-05a1a.jpg
    luxman m-05a1a.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,112
Marc,

VR201 is for trimming the zero DC-offset point of the output,(no signal).
Its located before the DC-servo opamp in the schematic, bottom of the pic.

VR202 and VR203 trim the +/- voltages of the voltage regulation stages for the front end, right side first pic.

VR204 controls the bias setting of the output stage through the Vbe multiplier.

The two 2SC1904s at the top of the schematic of the output stage, second posted picture, are switched as diodes and placed on the heatsinks.
I would check the 2SC1904, if the left contact of relay RY202 is sticking you wouldn't hear music through a cold heatsink.

Fans

jleaman said:
Ball Bearing one's if you can use a nice sized one say 4-5" at a low rpm you will be fine :)

EUKKKKK

Ballbearing fans rumble

Sleaved bearings are quieter better till they start to die.

However recently across my desk are seom mag-leve bearing fans from Sunon showing a 3.5dBA noise reduction at 8.5cfm
MOdel KDE1204PKV These are 12V, they also do a 24v version.

Generally speaking it is the air turbulence after leaving the fan that is an issue. You generally need a balum chamber post fan to provide a seperation from the fan blades to any item

Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.