prototype PCB's in the US

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Can someone in the US recommend a company for prototyping PCB's in the US ( where I now live )

I have never made a PCB before so I may need some technical help from the PCB manufacturer

I use UK programme called PCB wizard ( it has gerber & NC drill export )

A company called "quality PCB service" quoted me $166 for 2 x 8" x 11" single sided boards. This is for etching, tinning, drilling & cutting only. does this sound reasonable ? I thought it was quite expensive.

...and the disclaimer saying that if they can't read my files it's my responsibility was not that re-assuring.

thanks

mike

With PCB manufacturing, there is a trrade-off between how fast you want your boarsd and price. The cheapest manufacturers I have found are:

www.batchpcb.com
www.barebonespcb.com

As their name implies, they provided the lowest prices, but you won't get things like a silk screen. Their basic packages ARE double-sided.

$166 seems a bit high for one single-sided board. Some PCB companies are not "geared" for making just one board, and thus they will charge you more when you only order one board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.