Mf A 370

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you very much for the schematic.

No resistor between 2 and 6 = infinite resistance= infinite gain

This is true for the op amp,but not for the entire amplifier,because a NFB is applied on the pin 3 by the resistors of 12K and 390 Ohm.
The NFB is applied to the non inverting op amp input because the amplifier are inverting cofiguration due to the drain output in the last power stage.
A compensation,when a change are made in op amp with a high speed and bandwidth model,it does not have to be removed,moreover a control with a scope must to be made .

Good day to you Jacco and Parsecaudio!

Did you have a good day to day??Ive been trying with a 330k over pin 2 and 6 today=31vdc over the terminals,so im using the old 318s again.But i did some other good things,i doubled the amount of capasitors in the psu and that was a big step forward.
I hope you guys have a good weekend now!!!

Regards Ingemar

Hi again.
Tried with the second 627 i have in case the other was broken,but the result was the same full dc over the terminals,even tried with a NE 5534 that i have in my p270 with same result,i guess i have to live with the 318.I dont think it sounds bad in any way,but when you know it could sound even better with the 627 then i get frustraded:devilr:

Hi,
pins 1,5 & 8 do need some unusual compensation on the 318.

Can you identify what your PCB has for 1,5 & 8 components and connections?

We may be able to work out why the other opamps do not work when slotted straight in.

Jacco,
The LM318 is internally set for unity gain,
that statement is wrong.
Many of the example circuits in the data sheet are for gains of +1 or -1, but the 318 has a gain exceeding 20,000.

Hi guys.
Got in contact with the guy that swaped from 318 to 627 in his p 170.He tells me that i NEED to disconnect the legs 1 and 5,and still dont work then i need to put a cap between(5-150pf)pin2 and 6,or maybe a very short cable between legs 8 and 2 to use the 22pF thats already there,he suspects that the amp is not stable.
Have a good day,and thanks that you spending time on my(so called problem)

Ingemar,

it is a test that you must make but with some precautions:

1)connect the power supply to a current limited supply in place of the original supply or connect the Ac main to a variac.

2)Connect a square wave generator to the input

3)connect a resistor of 33 K between pin 2<>6 of the OP amp ,disconnect the 12K resistor on pin 3 and measure his output with a scope.

4) If the signal is OK and no DC voltage are present,leave the 33K resistor and reconnect the 12K and place a 47 pF cap between pin 2<>6

Obviously
you MUST leave all the original compensations before this test.

I wait for the results......

My first message on diyAudio

You can also look at Audio Review n. 54, pages 88 -91.
Here the schematic (identical to the one has brought Jacco Vermeulen. Just better legibility of the print) and description of amplifier circuitry.
For instance: "Lo stadio d'ingresso, innanzitutto. [...] LM318N [...]. E' impiegato in configurazione invertente e la sua uscita pilota, in "cascode", una coppia complementare, naturalmente con base a "massa", che non inverte la fase del segnale; lo stadio successivo (BC 414/416) è semplicemente un riduttore d'impedenza (emitter follower) [......]"
I can't follow your discussion since I haven't competence.
You can order the review if you will
A list of the tests
http://www.audioreview.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=7&Itemid=45
To fetch the backlog numbers
http://www.audioreview.it/index.php?option=com_contact&catid=24&Itemid=3

Paolo Di Nanna

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.