Electron Kinetics Eagle 7A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Waaaay back in the day, a guy named John Iverson built an amp called an Eagle 7A. John disappeared though mysterious circumstances. I've repaired one since, just to replace open filter caps. I believe it was a power supply swinging amp. (a non center tapped supply with an amp that had a grounded output that would "swing" the filter to where it was needed) ....kinda like some of the Crown Macro-Tech amps. What I was wondering is if anybody had, and would be willing to e-mail a schematic for that Eagle 7A. It was an interesting beast. It ran circles around the McIntosh MA-2300 it was AB'd against.

Thanks,
Jon

P.S. I searched through previous threads but came up empty. I apologize if this is a well worn subject and I missed it.

Hi Folks,

Guess what? I just got an Electron Kinetics Eagle 7A on my bench, and it has greater than 2V dc offset on both channels. Does anybody know how to adjust the DC offset? There are 7 pots on each channels that requires some procedure to do the job. Thank in advance for any info!

Regards,

Adam

I have two Eagle 7A in wooden crates that were replaced by Krell KSA250s, so I would also really appreciate a schematic to keep them running or as insurance to help sell them. I sent both to John Iverson for a final upgrade just before John dropped out of sight.

The Eagle 7A was a great Apogee bass amp back in the day as each channel could put out 1,400 watts into 2 ohms. The EI core transformers were a weakness, as they started to buzz and needed to be re-gooped.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.