esp project101 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd August 2006, 02:13 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default esp project101

Hi,

im building this project can someone give me the building manual for it or the precedure for setting the bias. The last problem i have and the big one is that i dont have the component values in the schematic !!!!! can someone help me please ?

thanks
ron
Old 23rd August 2006, 03:48 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to JensRasmussen Send a message via MSN to JensRasmussen
Default Re: esp project101

Quote:
Originally posted by djronbxs
Hi,

im building this project can someone give me the building manual for it or the precedure for setting the bias. The last problem i have and the big one is that i dont have the component values in the schematic !!!!! can someone help me please ?

thanks
ron
In short "no"

Buy the kit from Rod, and you will be entitled to all his support, and ours also.

\Jens
Old 23rd August 2006, 04:21 PM   #3
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

Not only don't you have the component values, but you also don't have the knowledge and experience to design a PCB that will work properly with this sensitive design, judging by some of your other questions.

The board is a fair price and comes with full building instructions. It would be a wise move to buy it rather than waste components.
Old 24th August 2006, 03:11 PM   #4
rabbitz is offline rabbitz  Australia
diyAudio Member

Buy Rod's boards as there's a lot of thought gone into the layout which is as important as the component value. For me, this is Rod's best amp so it's worth the few dollars for the PCB's.
Old 25th August 2006, 01:16 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I bought two boards, built the amp, and its great. As others have suggested, do the same.

It will make it much easier than building your own PCB. I've been there, done that. PCB work is mind numbing, especially if you are just trying to replicate the work of someone else. Imagine hand soldering a 36pin QFN along with 0603 and 0402 SMDs. PITA!!

Back to the amp. Mines been going strong for a few years now (maybe three of four) and I've put it through its paces into a little less than 4ohm loads. Well worth the price.
Old 25th August 2006, 08:09 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Wink ESP P101

I've built two of the P101 2-channel amps with the P39 softstarts.Do yourself a big favor buy Rod's PCB's. These amps are kickass. Plus you will get tons of techsupport.
Old 25th August 2006, 12:13 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Yep,

Rod doesn't give the componant values for a reason. It's called intellectual property. The boards are only $17 each and that includes access to the build articles for all of his projects. A very good value.

Blessings, Terry
X-BoSoZ, B1 Mezmerize, P101, Symasym, KSA 50, Aleph-X, Leach Low TIM, Leach Superamp, Dx MKIII, Super A, Honey Badger, JLH 1969, Gainclone. FetZilla, Peeceebee, VSSA PMI & jkuetemann, SKA GB150, Ovation nx & sx, AX&SX-14, TMG8, Slewmanster w/CFA-XH, Wolverine, Spooky, Symasui, Low TIM hybrid

Hide this!Advertise here!