Bridging amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have read in prev. threads that one cannot double bridge the tda1554 chip... i believe that it has 4 intergrated amps... so the max it can run wud be at 2 channels...

i cannot double bridge because of the load becomes too low or because it juz doesnt allow things like this to happen?

hacknet said:
i have read in prev. threads that one cannot double bridge the tda1554 chip... i believe that it has 4 intergrated amps... so the max it can run wud be at 2 channels...

i cannot double bridge because of the load becomes too low or because it juz doesnt allow things like this to happen?

Hi,

Not quite sure what you mean by double bridging?

I know that a bridged amp is basically two amps, with one of the amps running an inverted signal. You then hook the speaker across both of the outputs, that way you can deliver twice the voltage to the same load. Since P = V^2/R, That means two times the voltage = four times the power.

You need to be careful, since each amp will be overloaded by twice what it was before. The rated power of the bridged amp will be capible of only double that of any single amp, but will try to deliver four times the power.

-Dan

here is wad i mean

Attachments

• amp2.gif
    amp2.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 629
Really not possible

The chip you want to use already provides 2 bridged outputs, not suitable for the connection you wrote.
A possibility is to "parallel" two output stages thus increasing output current capability but to do so you should connect (not "brutal" paralleling though) 1st and 3rd amplifier , then 2nd and 4th (from high to low in your picture).

This connection should be made placing a power resistor (.22 to .47 or more ohms, 3-5W) on each output and then joining the "free" end of the resistors; this point will be used as the output to speakers.

Notice that you will not have any output power increase, but only a better current capability, that will eventually give you more power on lower impedance loads.

That's all.

Andypairo

look, if u r looking into more power and more reliable amp.
u can use the TDA1562Q,, its 70watt into one channel, am
currently making a 2 channel ver. for my coaxial car speakers..
i know it gonna cost more but sure it'll be more reliable with less
THD within the same range of power u r looking for,,
ive the schematics of the 2channel ver. if u want it..

i have a problem....

1)i dun read spainish... wad are the rail voltages?
since u sae iz for your car i guess iz 12v?

2) RS componets do not retail this ic.. so i cant get hold of it unless i can find in in some store... the problem with these stores are that normally rejected batches

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.