Marantz PM6010 ose Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently my Marantz Amp stopped playing through the left channel (very distorted and low volume) with the help of this site, I have gained a scematic and removed the left Capacitor (electronic capacitor 12000uf 56v Marantz part no - 8220 200 82191) After a visit to my local electrical store, i was told it looks a little bulged at the top, although the remaining capacitor is the same and works fine. They dont stock a 12000 uf 56v or 63 v so to search www.cpc.co.uk who dont stock either.......Help

1. Does this proplem sound like the capacitor is at fault ??
2. Where would be the best place to get one or two of these if I need to change both ??

Any help is greatly appreciated. AL (Tex)

A capacitor that size will be the power supply capacitors. While i'm not 100% sure, these are probably shared by both channels.

"Very distorted and low volume" could suggest a number of faults. It might be worth checking the output transistors in the left channel to make sure they haven't failed.

I do belief that this is a power supply capacitor as they are situated just before they speaker connections, i.e the last real output on the board. There are two, one left and one right.

Is it just a case of using a multimeter to check the corrasponding values on the scematic to check the transistors?

All the soldering seems to be fine, although I am not sure what dry soldering looked like unless its a case of the obvious.

Still a little stumped to where I can get a capacitor of them values, tried Marantz so hope they get back soon :att'n:
:) TY

Joined 2003
Paid Member
As said above, you can pretty much rule out that capacitor. jaycee and Leolabs predictions are more valid.

While it is nice to see that you would like to tackle this problem, I'm afraid you don't have the needed knowledge to do so.
If your amp is dear to you, I advice taking it to a good tech to repair it.

/Hugo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.