fronts but no sorround on my hardon ampifer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,

i have a hardon karmon avr 507, 7 channel amplifier.

i recently fixed it by replacing the power transistors, it was working perefect for about 2 months, then i recently noticed when i swiched it on, there was on a tiny amount of smoke ( bearly see it)

then i noticed the amp would not power up, on inspection i found out the surround back right channel the d2560 power transitor had shorted so i replaced the d2560 and also the b1647 transistor for that channel.

rhe amp now powers up fine but, i noticed i have sound on front left and right channels, but on the center channel as well as all surround channels there no sound.

well there is sound sort of let me descibe,

if you say go onto the radio a none broadcast station, if i turn the volume up full there you can hear the hiss from the surrounds the hiss gets louder when you turn volume up, so it kinda makes me think theres amplifaction just no source getting through?
heres a sound clip i recorded of the recever up full on one of the surround channels.
Click here to watch amp-volume-up

i also noticed if i put the amp on surround test i hear a sort of buzz sound, which goes through a 1 sec cycle then repeats, as it goes through each sorround test channel which ?
heres a soundclip i recorded of the buzz when it goes through each surround channel, when the recever is on surround test and speaker connected to one of the surround channels outputs,
Click here to watch buzz-between-surround-channel-test

anyone please lend a hand and advize.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.