Class AB+D schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to build an amplifier in this class. I see on Yamaha, Sunfire, Bash, and probably others. But i not found any concrete schematics. Is anyone who have this sch?
L.E. The most big amplifier i have made it, is supply +/-145v class H, 4 tier (+/-50, 85, 110, 145v)

ionutgaga said:
L.E. The most big amplifier i have made it, is supply +/-145v class H, 4 tier (+/-50, 85, 110, 145v)

Hi,
Switched rail or Modulated rail, which type did you made in Class-H.....
As you say its 4 Tier, it must be a Switched Rail type, is it full range or Subwoofer amplifier...Would you share the schematic....
regards,
K a n w a r

Switched rail, as you see (+/-50, 85...). The switched schematic is from QSC PL6, PL9. The audio is from ElectroVoice P3000 (floating grounded bridge). In time i will post the full schematic and photos.
Is verry efficient, comparative to EV P3000 (class AB), is smaller, transient response is better.
I see EV, Dynacord build class AB, then class H 2 tier, now class H 3 tier. The next step is probably modulated power supply (AB+D).
My wish is to build this class (maybe +/-150v, modulated offcourse). And please email me anything about this class, if you wish.

L.E. My most big amplifier drive cool 4 x PD1850 (mounted in pair in planar wave guide)

L.L.E. Where do i find romanian-english translator?

I am confused what you are really talking about. Class G is switched rails or tiered rails like you made. Class H is a modulated supply so that it tracks the output, also called a rail tracker. It is an improved on Class G by going to infinite steps in the rails. Class D is a switched output waveform (PWM or some other modulation technique). Both Class G and H typically use a Class AB with a modified power supply. So what is Class AB+D? And what are you calling Class BD? Class AD is a switched output with 2 output states and Class BD is a switched output with 3 output states. I am very interested in a Class GH hybrid for use with integrated chips that need minimum fixed DC rails or the chip shuts off but then modulate the supply above (Class H). The guys at Indigo have a solution found here: http://www.bashaudio.com/technologies.htm. This is Class GH as G for min fixed rails and H for modulated above as needed. This might be along the lines of what you are looking into.

-SL

This classes confuse me. BD, GH, H modulated, I, etc.; say big firms uses annotations H (2-3-4 tier), for the switched rail. And so mine. This time i will develop class AB with modulated power supply.
The posted schematics is for 4tier class H (as is presented from QSC, EV, Dynacord, etc).
Sorry for the pictures, i not have momentarly a card reader, still searching. Probably monday i will post the photos.

SpittinLLama said:
I am confused what you are really talking about. Class G is switched rails or tiered rails like you made. Class H is a modulated supply so that it tracks the output, also called a rail tracker. It is an improved on Class G by going to infinite steps in the rails. Class D is a switched output waveform (PWM or some other modulation technique). Both Class G and H typically use a Class AB with a modified power supply. So what is Class AB+D? And what are you calling Class BD? Class AD is a switched output with 2 output states and Class BD is a switched output with 3 output states. I am very interested in a Class GH hybrid for use with integrated chips that need minimum fixed DC rails or the chip shuts off but then modulate the supply above (Class H). The guys at Indigo have a solution found here: http://www.bashaudio.com/technologies.htm. This is Class GH as G for min fixed rails and H for modulated above as needed. This might be along the lines of what you are looking into.

-SL

Class-G= Cascode Connected series Devices at outputs, no Square wave type switching involved only Linear Tier switching just like 2 amps with lower and higher voltage rails...

Class-H=No cascode at outputs , but involves Square wave type Step switching using Mosfets for voltage swings and also cost less than class-G...

Class-BD= When 2 PWM amps are bridged in a fashion which involves same in Phase carrier frequency , but out of Phase Audio Frequency, used to cancel the switching residual at outputs...Its output is 3 Level +1,0,-1

Class-AD= When 2 PWM amps are Bridged in such a way that both Carrier Frequency and Audio signal are out of Phase to each other respectively......Its output is 2Level=1,0

Class-TD=Lab Gruppen uses this,..Its a combination of Class-D power supply with integeration of Class-AB amp, which involves Tracking of output voltage by supply voltage rails for example in Carver Lightstar amp the Tracking rails are always just above the output voltage by the margin of 6 volts,[I hope DJK & Anatech will better explain this] which again increases efficiency....

ionutgaga said:
This classes confuse me. BD, GH, H modulated, I, etc.; say big firms uses annotations H (2-3-4 tier), for the switched rail. And so mine. This time i will develop class AB with modulated power supply.
The posted schematics is for 4tier class H (as is presented from QSC, EV, Dynacord, etc).
Sorry for the pictures, i not have momentarly a card reader, still searching. Probably monday i will post the photos.

Hi
ionutgaga,

The Modulated supply amp is very complex than plain Class-D and also poses pitfalls in some areas as compared to other Classes...EVA[Another female forum member clearly illustrates it]
If you want to try your hands on bigger amps than move on to Class-D PWM amplification...these are lot more things to explore ....

Meanwhile Have you ever built All N-Channel Vertical Mosfet Class-H 2 or 3 Tier, I have Built it and it simply exceeds any Bipolar Class-H when power level exceeds 2KW++

I am currently working on Both Class-H Bipolar [Smaller power level upto 1600W/Ch] and Class-D PWM ++5KW levels....

regards,
K a n w a r

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.