JLH with modern output transistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diegot said:
Yes Shawn.

In my simulations the oscilation occours, but i'm not a very experienced with this programs.
So, I'm not the right person to help myself with the modifications.

I was just wondering if you could follow the suggested substitutes on the above link as the author seems to have much already figured out. You could also suggest your own substitutions to the author of "that site" and you may get some additional input.

There seems to be much information on the net by using "JHL amplifier" as a search in Google.

Also there is this and that

Cheers,

Shawn.

High BW Transistors may be trouble

I looked up the spec sheet on your transistors and see they have a BW of up to 34MHz. These are pretty fast and could certainly be trouble in the JLH69. From my understanding the design is fairly forgiving on slower transistors, but stability problems may result like you mention.

I just completed my JLH69 amp using MJL21193/4 parts. They have similar voltage/current ratings from your parts, but only have a 4MHz BW which is why I went with them.

For what it's worth, the amp sounds very nice....but very hot. I've got it running at 24V biased at 1.5amps.

Do you have PCBs or are you doing PTP wiring?

I would like to do a PTP wiring, but this is another problem when using these devices.
I don't want to buy another devices because good transistors are hard to find and expensive, because most are fake in Brazil. A good source for me it is Farnell's local distribuitor, but as I sad before, it turns de project very expensive.

I have found a lot of information about JLH, but I don't have much time to look at all, today I will start to read the thread about the JLH/Graham output stage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.