Rotel RB-980BX service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Wrong Mikeks,

Compare apples with apples, in their price range show me amps that are in general better??? Maybe the odd Nad or Cambridge models sound better and some not.
Open one up and youll see they use some of the worlds best performance components especially when it comes to transistors, very well constructed and rugged and at these prices........ A bit outdated design but in their pice bracket they are rock solid.
These amps are tuned to suit the asian market which likes a more frenzied type of sound, very clean ,fast and not much emotion. For some years now there has been some brittish input and become much better, just check out reviews and awards won.
With some tweaking especially to compensation on even the most basic rotel models can make them sound better than 80 percent of diy designs i have built from the threads here, at a fraction of the cost and that includes some very sought after kits and designs from these threads.

Mikeks dont downgrade manufacturers when you dont know what their design goals are and from what i see you have written in other threads i bet in the case you have designed anything some are rubbish too.

People go listen, and compare, then choose the amp that suits your taste and your pocket.

Apples with apples.

Alex

boota Ali

Im in over my head does anyone have a service manual? :confused:

hi ...
i m new on this form .. i have a problem . plz help me
i have ROTEL RB1090 service manual .. but problem is that in service manual some transistors and capestos values dose not mention properly in second words they missing his own values..and it is a big problem 4 me .so does any body help me .how can i identify correct values of them ...... plz help me if any body know abt those values plz tell me thankxxxxx regard boota

Dear Homemodder,
i have a rotel RA-970bx . in vas stage they have used phase lag compensation . according to Dself this is not good . they used 220pf styrol for both 2sa1208/2sc2910 . can it be changed to dominant pole compensation . if so what value ? long back i had some tips from you . mine is with BG capacitors .

note i have built the usher audio taiwan speakers 8945/9950 . i dont have an alternative speaker .by experimenting i fear it may destroy these good speakers . that is why i need some help from experienced members like you.

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Hi Suresh

I dont recommend you changing the compensation then, you will need a test speaker for sure, i would never experiment on good speakers, also youll require a dummy load and a CRO to accurately check for oscilations.

The compensation can be tweaked for better sound but without the right equipment its not adviseable. I can simulate the circuit but simulation is very risky as the outcome is not always the same as in the real circuit, for this maybe you could get away with using only a cheap test speaker.

Youre one of the lucky ones to have a model with the black gates, later models use other caps which arent so good, what opamp does yours have, the ad827???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.