Nakamichi SR-3A Tuner Memory

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I need a little help with my Nakamichi SR-3A receiver. The unit amplifies audio with no problems. However, I find that the tuner memory does not hold.

If the amp is left on for several hours, the memory will hold for several hours after the unit is turned off. However, if I turn the unit back on after longer periods (1-2 days), the station preset memory is erased again.

Note that the unit has been in storage for about 1.5 years. Before that, it works flawlesly.

Does anyone have a schematic of the tuner circuit or insight into how to remedy the tuner memory?

Thanks!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi scooter617,
You need a new lithium battery. It is a vertical mounting type, the number is stamped on it. You will need to desolder it.

That means you have to release the tuner board and flip it over. If you are not comfortable doing this, take it to a Nakamichi warranty service shop. I'd hate to see you lose your set to incompetent service.

I think there are a couple modifications for the tuner board as well. They may be done already, or the shop should (ask) look them up and confirm this.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.