Problem with my Exposure XV integrated

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well i guess it was inevitable but my Exposure XV has finally given me a problem after about 10 years of trouble free operation. It started making a a weird sound and died. So i opened it an had a look around and everything looks good no burnt components or anything, but I did find a single ztx552 transistor that has cracked and im asuming this is my problem?? Can these parts fail after time?? the amp was made in 1992 so its getting up there in age. iI got a great deal on it about 10 years ago when i bought it for $375 which is about a 1/4th what it sold for in 1992! For those of you unfamiliar with Exposure, its a British company similar to Naim and Linn but less well known in the states. Their roots were in the pro audio industry and the designer John Farlowe designed amps for bands like Pink Floyd and the Who. The XV was thier integrated amplifier. It is a fully regulated design and puts out roughly 40 wpc, but it sounds like much more its a very gutsy little amp and I love it:) So id really like to get it fixed. Does anyone happened to have any of these ztx552 transistors layying around I could buy or trade for?? Im having trouble finding them onnline
Thanks
Frank.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.